Welcome guest! Please Login

Question regarding the age of RBT files

Hi there,

well thanks for the CSA section here. :-)

I started downloading the RBT files from usenet. Starting with plain type 00.
    I see that the files from usenet are now roughly 680 days of Age. Think that is correct. So These are not the newest but okay to do a start.
    As far as i understand there is only a difference of 1 percent (83 usenet - 84.2 mega)

Well , dowloading of this will take some time. If i make it to 100 GB per day , i'd be finished in roughly 11 days.

Question to the experienced Folks. Is it necessary to download PLAIN TYPE FF and PLAIN TYPE 030000 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaker74 View Post
    Well , dowloading of this will take some time. If i make it to 100 GB per day , i'd be finished in roughly 11 days.

Question to the experienced Folks. Is it necessary to download PLAIN TYPE FF and PLAIN TYPE 030000 as well?
    Hi sneaker74

You will need to download ALL 3 tables 00h, FFh, and 030000h.

00h = to find mpeg2 and audio CW's
    FFh/030000h to find mpeg4/HD CW's

Personally I would download the current mega link tables, as you say the usenet files are quite old now and may be missing or corrupt.

Good luck

Hi and thanks for the Feedback with the tables. All three rables will take even more HD space. But well. It is what it is. :-)
    In the beginning i'd try the SD table to get my own experience.

Do you know? Does 00h even do the SD-h264 material? Or is it only MPEG2 and Audio?
    I am asking because for example S*Y GERMANY did Change all their SD Channels to MPEG4 last year.

Normally, 00h is for mpeg2 video and audio but it's not unknown for SD h.264 video to be any of the 3 tables. Over time you get to know when searching for crypt8's 00h and FFh results have a high single count where as 030000h crypt8's have 3 high counts.

Hello again,

well ich went to download all 00h Files. I did download them from usenet which was ok. A few pieces were broken but was able to recover by using the par2 files.
    My problem at the moment is the basic setup of the csa software. I did follow the instructions from colibri (CSA Tool V2 PDF file).

It starts with adding an empty Rainbow Table. Page 7
    Then adding jobs..
    Followed by "add chain files to the RBT" Page 9.
    My understanding is that with the downloaded 12 Files i'd merge them to the previously added empty Rainbow Table.
    But it does nothing. It does tell" Waiting for new Chains"

So where is my mistake?
    Thanks for your time.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sneaker74 View Post
    Hello again,

well ich went to download all 00h Files. I did download them from usenet which was ok. A few pieces were broken but was able to recover by using the par2 files.
    My problem at the moment is the basic setup of the csa software. I did follow the instructions from colibri (CSA Tool V2 PDF file).

It starts with adding an empty Rainbow Table. Page 7
    Then adding jobs..
    Followed by "add chain files to the RBT" Page 9.
    My understanding is that with the downloaded 12 Files i'd merge them to the previously added empty Rainbow Table.
    But it does nothing. It does tell" Waiting for new Chains"

So where is my mistake?
    Thanks for your time.
    Cheers
    Hi sneaker74

1. Click name
    2. Add you table directory to RBT dir field
    3. Name your table in RBT name ie. Bh8xFFh table.
    4. Add jobs - Search CW settings and Seach CW.
    5. Open Search CW settings and select the table you want to search and click start.
    6. Open Search CW and again select the table you want to search and click start.
    7. Add Crypt8 in top box then click add.

Hope this helps

Good luck!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bissdog For This Useful Post:

936997 (26-01-17), burakvi (27-02-18)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

search Crypt8 cw

SEO Blog